Friday, May 9, 2014

Day 17 - Gluten Tag!

Turns out I'm gut with gluten!
On Wednesday - Day 17 - I introduced barley into my diet. After feeling back to my (almost) normal self with the brown rice, I wanted to try barley to see if I reacted to the gluten. So I made a salad of barley, herbs, asparagus and a dijon vinaigrette. YUM. I had 3 servings throughout the day and had NO gluten reactions! No brain fog! No ridiculous bloat!  And the next day, poop was normal. So it seems I'm ok with gluten.
So next up...test the wheat. Even though my doctor told me to avoid wheat, I kind of have to know what causes what I thought was a gluten reaction in the past. I think Friday will be wheat day.

overall, I'm feeling better than I was with the addition of brown rice, but I still have to make sure I always eat on time or else I get light headed and irritable. I'm glad I'm in the "testing" phase, reintroducing food back into my diet!

No comments:

Post a Comment