Saturday, April 26, 2014

Day 4 - Hunger-Pangless in Seattle

Worst pun of the movie title ever.

But day 4 was great! I went to Seattle for a couple of appointments and planned ahead, bringing along a cooler filled with The Smoothie, a salad with strawberries and chicken for lunch, 1/2 an apple and a bag of my mixed nuts (almonds, walnuts & pumpkin seeds) and bottle of water to keep me nourished all day. And it worked. I wanted for nothing. Not even coffee.

I made my own dinner because Butch went out after work - probably to escape his frustration of my dietary restrictions - leaving me in charge of the kids, their dinner (easy) and packing up my son for his first backpacking trip ever. So I didn't get around to STARTING dinner until 9:30. I made this:
http://ohsheglows.com/2014/04/22/glowing-green-pasta-primavera/
and it was SO GOOD. I added sautéed chicken for more protein/substance but I honestly think it would've been better without it. And I omitted the sun-dried tomatoes from the pesto. It was still delicious and I'll make it again!
I suprisingly didn't have a craving for alcohol. It being a sunny Friday, normally I'd sip a martini or a couple glasses of white wine followed by red wine when the sun went down. Obviously, I am not alcoholic. WHEW. (This is not a joke. My dad is and 99.9% of his family are/were alcoholic, so this is a real concern for me. I do NOT want my kids to have to go through what my siblings & I are dealing with concerning my dad.)

I didn't have room for dessert since I ate so late and had consumed about 1/2 pound of nuts throughout the day.
I gotta keep that in check.
Sparing you of  belly pictures today! I think by now you get the idea. If anything changes, I'll be sure to let you know.




No comments:

Post a Comment