Monday, June 2, 2014

Day: the end






So this whole thing is over now. Hooray!
My dr. thought I had hypoglycemia, but I don't.
I thought I had non-Celiac gluten intolerance, but I don't.

This is not to say that any of this has been a waste. I learned so much about myself in the past month.

I learned to change my relationship with alcohol. (We didn't break up, but it's not as intense as it used to be).
I learned that refined sugar is nasty stuff (just like the experts have been saying all along!)
I learned that I need to have whole grains in my diet to help control my epilepsy and keep my mood up. (So much for that book, "Grain Brain.")
I learned to make some pretty awesome smoothies and they're a good way to start the day.
I learned that green tea is a better, more mellow buzz than coffee.
I learned that I need to not overeat. Because overeating=bloat and food coma. DUH.
I learned that I need a good core workout if I want better looking abs. DOUBLE DUH.
I learned that dairy in largish doses probably isn't the best choice for my digestive system.
I learned that living without dietary restrictions is WAY more fun.  
And I learned that it's a little weird to have so many people in my community know so much about  me and my eating habits.

So now it's time for me to live a little more privately. To focus on the summer and on healing my back (don't get me started!) so I can get back on my bike and ride my 100-miler in August.
Thanks for all the encouragement.
Happy eating!!


No comments:

Post a Comment